St Colmcille's Nursery School - a safe, happy environment filled with God's love.
We hope you enjoy looking at our website. There is lots of information about our school and photographs of the children at work and play.
We were inspected by ETI in April. The inspectors highlighted:
- All of the children are well settled and engage enthusiastically in purposeful and concentrated play. A majority of children engage in collaborative play. Almost all of the children are highly independent and are confident in following the well-embedded routines in the nursery school.
- There is a very good standard of representational drawings and paintings on display.
- The children have very good fine motor skills.
- The staff create a stimulating learning environment for the children using a very good range of real and natural materials in the indoor play activities and on display in the outdoor area.
- The routines of the day are well established: lunchtime provides very good learning opportunities for the children to develop thier conversational and social skills and take on leadership roles.
- The whole staff work cohesively as a team to provide high quality provision for every child.
- The staff provide a consistent and effective approach to promoting good behaviour and instilling a positive attitude to learning with the children.
- A significant strength of the nursery is the very effective links with the parents who are involved and supported in thier child's learning.
St Colmcille's Nursery School has a high level of capacity for sustained improvement in the interests of all children.
The full report can be seen at: www.etni.gov.uk
18th April 2019
We have had a very busy week, getting ready for Easter. We made Easter cards, sang Easter/Springtime songs, listened to Easter stories, enjoyed Easter Art and dough activities....and then today, went...
|23rd April 2019|
|24th April 2019|
|25th April 2019|
|26th April 2019|
|30th April 2019|
|Action Cancer Health Action Heroes visit|
|2nd May 2019|
|School Closed - Election|
|6th May 2019|
|School closed Bank Holiday|
|7th May 2019|
|Mr Hullabaloo Theatre Show|
|17th May 2019|
|Annual Teddy Toddle and visit from the Ice Cream Man (9.30 am start)|
|20th May 2019|
|Recycling Education Bus visit|