St Colmcille's Nursery School - a safe, happy environment filled with God's love.
We hope you enjoy looking at our website. There is lots of information about our school and photographs of the children at work and play.
We were inspected by ETI in April. The inspectors highlighted:
- All of the children are well settled and engage enthusiastically in purposeful and concentrated play. A majority of children engage in collaborative play. Almost all of the children are highly independent and are confident in following the well-embedded routines in the nursery school.
- There is a very good standard of representational drawings and paintings on display.
- The children have very good fine motor skills.
- The staff create a stimulating learning environment for the children using a very good range of real and natural materials in the indoor play activities and on display in the outdoor area.
- The routines of the day are well established: lunchtime provides very good learning opportunities for the children to develop thier conversational and social skills and take on leadership roles.
- The whole staff work cohesively as a team to provide high quality provision for every child.
- The staff provide a consistent and effective approach to promoting good behaviour and instilling a positive attitude to learning with the children.
- A significant strength of the nursery is the very effective links with the parents who are involved and supported in thier child's learning.
St Colmcille's Nursery School has a high level of capacity for sustained improvement in the interests of all children.
The full report can be seen at: www.etni.gov.uk
18th October 2018
This week was "Maths Week Ireland". We have been singing lots of number songs and rhymes, listened to stories with a number-themed focus, and lots of our activity tables have had a...
|25th October 2018|
|Halloween fancy dress party (9.00 am to 10.30 am)|
|26th October 2018|
|Parent teacher meetings|
|29th October 2018|
|Staff Training Day|
|30th October 2018|
|Staff Training Day|
|31st October 2018|
|1st November 2018|
|2nd November 2018|
|20th November 2018|
|Autism Advisory and Intervention Service - Parent Group training (10.00 am to 12.00 noon)|
|7th December 2018|
|Open Morning (9.00 am to 10.30am)|
|12th December 2018|
|Christmas show Mrs Mc Laughlin's class (9.30 start)|