St Colmcille's Nursery School - a safe, happy environment filled with God's love.
We hope you enjoy looking at our website. There is lots of information about our school and photographs of the children at work and play.
We were inspected by ETI in April. The inspectors highlighted:
- All of the children are well settled and engage enthusiastically in purposeful and concentrated play. A majority of children engage in collaborative play. Almost all of the children are highly independent and are confident in following the well-embedded routines in the nursery school.
- There is a very good standard of representational drawings and paintings on display.
- The children have very good fine motor skills.
- The staff create a stimulating learning environment for the children using a very good range of real and natural materials in the indoor play activities and on display in the outdoor area.
- The routines of the day are well established: lunchtime provides very good learning opportunities for the children to develop thier conversational and social skills and take on leadership roles.
- The whole staff work cohesively as a team to provide high quality provision for every child.
- The staff provide a consistent and effective approach to promoting good behaviour and instilling a positive attitude to learning with the children.
- A significant strength of the nursery is the very effective links with the parents who are involved and supported in thier child's learning.
St Colmcille's Nursery School has a high level of capacity for sustained improvement in the interests of all children.
The full report can be seen at: www.etni.gov.uk
18th May 2018
This morning was the day of our annual Teddy Toddle! We were so excited...and it was a lovely sunny day!! Everyone brought a beautiful cuddly toy with them and we walked around the school grounds TEN...
|25th May 2018|
|Open Morning for new pupils (9.00am to 10.30am)|
|28th May 2018|
|29th May 2018|
|Staff training day|
|30th May 2018|
|Staff training day|
|1st June 2018|
|4th June 2018|
|Summer Demo and Do session with Small Talk NI|
|6th June 2018|
|School trip to Castlewellan Forest Park|
|13th June 2018|
|Introduction meeting for new parents (2.30pm)|
|15th June 2018|
|Sports day (9.30am)|
|20th June 2018|
|School concert (1.00pm)|