St Colmcille's Nursery School - a safe, happy environment filled with God's love.
We hope you enjoy looking at our website. There is lots of information about our school and photographs of the children at work and play.
We were inspected by ETI in April. The inspectors highlighted:
- All of the children are well settled and engage enthusiastically in purposeful and concentrated play. A majority of children engage in collaborative play. Almost all of the children are highly independent and are confident in following the well-embedded routines in the nursery school.
- There is a very good standard of representational drawings and paintings on display.
- The children have very good fine motor skills.
- The staff create a stimulating learning environment for the children using a very good range of real and natural materials in the indoor play activities and on display in the outdoor area.
- The routines of the day are well established: lunchtime provides very good learning opportunities for the children to develop thier conversational and social skills and take on leadership roles.
- The whole staff work cohesively as a team to provide high quality provision for every child.
- The staff provide a consistent and effective approach to promoting good behaviour and instilling a positive attitude to learning with the children.
- A significant strength of the nursery is the very effective links with the parents who are involved and supported in thier child's learning.
St Colmcille's Nursery School has a high level of capacity for sustained improvement in the interests of all children.
The full report can be seen at: www.etni.gov.uk
13th November 2018
We were very excited to have a visit from Nurse Orlaith this morning! Nurse Orlaith had a big bag full of lots of equipment she needed. We looked at X-Ray's and learned that these were photographs of...
|15th November 2018|
|16th November 2018|
|Non uniform day for Children In Need|
|19th November 2018|
|Tooth brushing in school begins|
|20th November 2018|
|Autism Advisory and Intervention Service - Parent Group training (10.00 am to 12.00 noon)|
|27th November 2018|
|Drop in Meetings with the Educational Psychologist|
|6th December 2018|
|Christmas Dinner Day|
|7th December 2018|
|Open Morning (9.00 am to 10.30am)|
|11th December 2018|
|Mrs Gormley's class Christmas show and visit to Santa (9.30 start)|
|12th December 2018|
|Mrs Mc Laughlin's class Christmas show and visit to Santa (9.30 start)|