St Colmcille's Nursery School - a safe, happy environment filled with God's love.
We hope you enjoy looking at our website. There is lots of information about our school and photographs of the children at work and play.
We were inspected by ETI in April. The inspectors highlighted:
- All of the children are well settled and engage enthusiastically in purposeful and concentrated play. A majority of children engage in collaborative play. Almost all of the children are highly independent and are confident in following the well-embedded routines in the nursery school.
- There is a very good standard of representational drawings and paintings on display.
- The children have very good fine motor skills.
- The staff create a stimulating learning environment for the children using a very good range of real and natural materials in the indoor play activities and on display in the outdoor area.
- The routines of the day are well established: lunchtime provides very good learning opportunities for the children to develop thier conversational and social skills and take on leadership roles.
- The whole staff work cohesively as a team to provide high quality provision for every child.
- The staff provide a consistent and effective approach to promoting good behaviour and instilling a positive attitude to learning with the children.
- A significant strength of the nursery is the very effective links with the parents who are involved and supported in thier child's learning.
St Colmcille's Nursery School has a high level of capacity for sustained improvement in the interests of all children.
The full report can be seen at: www.etni.gov.uk
21st May 2019
It was such a beautiful day today that we spent most of our morning outside! We caught fish on the big boat, made lots of mud pies and stew in our Mud Kitchen, tried to count woodlouse on the logs in...
|23rd May 2019|
|School closed - Election|
|24th May 2019|
|Open Morning for new intake (9.00 am to 10.30 am)|
|27th May 2019|
|School closed Bank Holiday|
|28th May 2019|
|Staff Training Day|
|29th May 2019|
|Staff Training Day|
|5th June 2019|
|Trip to Castlewellan Forest Park|
|12th June 2019|
|New parents meeting (2.30 pm)|
|14th June 2019|
|Sports Day (9.00 am to 11.00 am)|
|19th June 2019|
|Annual school concert (1.00 pm)|
|28th June 2019|
|Party Day - school finishes (9.00 am to 10.30 am)|